Don't let this COLD winter blast fool you! It's a HOT time to start preparing for your new home. Whether buying OR listing, we are here for you. As a matter of fact, here are a some GREAT tips to get you started if you are thinking about buying. It's our personal 'Buyer's Checklist' created with YOU in mind!
Below are the FIRST 2 steps:
Before beginning your home search:
- Find a bank / lender you would like to work with. ( We also can recommend trusted lenders).
- Discuss your down payment options with your lender; ensure you have “seasoned” money, if needed.
- Discuss closing costs with your lender- can you cover closing costs? Do you need to ask the seller to contribute partial or full funds for closing costs? You’ll need to know this to write an offer.
- Discuss earnest money with your lender – Do you need a cashier’s check? Or can you write a personal check for the earnest money amount? (Each sale is unique and this amount may differ.)
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from your lender (FHA, VA, USDA, conventional, cash)
Begin touring homes for sale:
- Call us to schedule home viewings.
- If possible, schedule your time to view a few houses in one day.
- Remember to set up viewings in advance, some homes require 24 hour notice
Call us for any questions you have and let us begin this journey with you!
'The agents you need ~ the team you can trust!'